Sign in or
Die Another Day
|Main | Bond Films Home | Fast Facts | Pics & Clips | Discussions|
- When his top secret mission is sabotaged, James Bond finds himself captured by North Koreans, abandoned by MI6 and stripped of his 00 licence. Determined to get revenge, Bond goes head-to-head with a sultry spy, a frosty double agent, and a shadowy billionaire whose business is diamonds... but whose secret is a diabolical weapon that could bring the world to its knees!
- November 22, 2002
- The use of a Space weapon to destroy the minefield dividing North and South Korea, thereby allowing a full scale invasion of the South by the North.
Box Office Results:
- $432.0 million. Pierce Brosnan's highest-grossing Bond movie and the highest-grossing Bond movie until the release of Casino Royale.
- 2 hours, 13 minutes
- Underwater Breather
- Glass Shattering Ring
- Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer
- Invisible Aston Martin Vanquish
- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond
- Toby Stephens as Sir Gustav Graves
- Will Yun Lee as Colonel Moon
- Rick Yune as Zao
- Rosamund Pike as Miranda Frost
- Michael Gorevoy as Vladimir Popov
- Lawrence Makoare as Mr. Kil
- Simon Andreu as Dr. Alvarez
- Mark Dymond as Van Bierk
- Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson
- Madonna as Verity (fencing trainer)
- Michael Madsen as Damian Falco
- Kenneth Tsang as General Moon
- Emilio Echevarria as Raoul
- Ho Yi as Mr. Chang
- Miranda Frost: "I know all about you, 007: sex for dinner, death for breakfast, well it's not gonna work with me."
- Jinx is badly cut on her torso during the sword fight on the plane. Yet, moments later, when she is with Bond fiddling with diamonds in her belly button, the cut is gone and she is scarless.
- For the first time in the series, the opening titles are used to further the plot of the film with stylized images of Bond's torture in North Korea.
- Conquests: 2
- Martinis: 2
- Kills: 3
- "Bond, James Bond": 1
- Puk'chong coast and Pyongyang airbase, North Korea
- DMZ, South Korea
- Rubyeon Royale Hotel, Hong Kong
- Havana and Isla Los Organos, Cuba
- London, UK
In the pre-title sequence, James Bond and his two South Korean allies infiltrate a North Korean military base belonging to Colonel , Tan-Sun Moon an army officer who is illegally selling weaponry in exchange for African conflict diamonds . Bond poses as a weapons dealer, rigging his briefcase of diamonds with C4. He meets Moon and his assistant, Zao. After the diamonds are handed over, Zao discovers Bond's true identity and informs Moon, who destroys the helicopter Bond travelled in and orders his men to execute him. Fearing retribution from his father, General Moon, the Colonel then flees in a large hovercraft. Bond detonates the C4 in the suitcase, embedding many of the diamonds in Zao's face. He steals another hovercraft and chases Colonel Moon, who tumbles off a ledge and into a waterfall. Soon after, North Korean troops capture Bond under General Moon's orders and he is imprisoned and tortured.
Fourteen months later, Bond is released in exchange for Zao, who was captured during that time. Bond is sedated and taken to meet "M", who informs him that his status as a 00 Agent is suspended. Still bitter over Zao's release, Bond escapes and decides to complete his mission by evading MI6's security and travels to Cuba. He traces Zao to an island called Isla Los Organos, known for its gane therapy "clinic" which allows patients to have their appearances changed. On the coast, he meets a NSA agent Giacinta "Jinx" Johnson. With her help, Bond locates Zao's room inside the clinic and briefly tortures him. A fight breaks out and Zao escapes. He flees in a helicopter but leaves behind a pendant. Bond opens it and finds a cache of diamonds identified as conflict diamonds from Africa, but bearing the crest of the company of British billionaire Gustav Graves.
Bond locates Graves at a fencing club in London where he also meets Graves' fencing partner, Miranda Frost. Bond and Graves engage in a fierce duel of swords. At the conclusion, Graves invites Bond to a party he is holding in Iceland for a scientific demonstration. In a disused underground station, M restores Bond's Double-0 status and offers assistance in the investigation. Bond learns that Frost has been recruited by MI6, but she has failed to uncover Graves's connection to Zao. Bond takes Graves up on his earlier invitation, and arrives at his ice palace in Iceland where he meets Jinx yet again. Later on Graves begins a demonstration of his new orbital mirror satellite called "Icarus", which is able to focus solar energy on a small area and provide year-round sunshine for crop development.
At midnight, Jinx infiltrates Graves' command center in the palace, but is captured by Zao. Bond meanwhile has figured out that Graves is actually Moon under a new identity. Before Bond can kill him, Moon reveals that Frost is a double agent. Bond narrowly escapes from Graves' facility in his car. Zao gives pursuit in his Jaguar XKR. A furious chase ensues on the pack ice and inside the ice palace. Bond kills Zao and then rescues Jinx from drowning.
Deployed at the South Korean border, Bond and Jinx perform a HALO jump and land on North Korean soil. After missing a chance to kill Graves with a sniper rifle, they follow him into his airplane carrying General Moon (unaware of his son's new identity), his lieutenants and Frost. Graves reveals the true purpose of Icarus by using its solar beam to cut a swath through the minefield in the Korean Demilitarized Zone. Once the minefield is destroyed, North Korea will have a clear path to invade South Korea, Japan, and other countries. Icarus would also destabilize the western nations by destroying any WMD fired on North Korea. Graves wears a sophisticated armor with a built-in remote control, which operates the satellite. In an attempt to preserve peace, General Moon holds his son at gunpoint, but Graves disables him with the suit then shoots him.
Bond advances to kill Graves, but is thwarted when one of his soldiers attacks Bond, deflecting his shot into a window, and causing the plane to lose pressurization. Jinx manages to stabilise the plane, but is attacked by a sword-wielding Miranda Frost, who forces her to switch the plane to auto-pilot. Whilst doing so, Jinx alters the plane's heading so that it is flying directly toward the Icarus beam. During the climatic sword fight, Jinx stabs Frost with a knife. In the plane's nose, Graves gains the upper hand over Bond and puts on a parachute, preparing to escape from the plane, which cannot stay airborne much longer. However, Bond pulls Graves's ripcord, causing the parachute to open prematurely, so that the slipstream pulls Graves out of the plane's cabin, then he is sucked into one of the engines. Bond and Jinx escape from the plane in a helicopter it was carrying.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, May 17 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
- complete history)
Keyword tags: die another day james bond james bond 007 James Bond Actor james bond collection james bond movie james bond theme song pierce brosnan
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.