Sign in or
|Bond Villains Home | Bio | Pics & Clips|
- American actor Richard Kiel (1939-2014). Read more here.
- He appeared in several films as a villain including Clint Eastwood's western Pale Rider in 1985 as a henchman of Josh LaHood. Also had a cameo in the Inspector Gadget movie and in Happy Gilmore as Happy's Boss.
Who he is:
- Tall, silent, very strong and psychotic freelance killer who worked for mad wealthy industrialists Karl Stromberg and Hugo Drax in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker respectively.
- Stands 7ft 1.5 (2.17m). He is the tallest henchman Bond has ever met.
- His favorite weapons are his metal teeth. He can break necks, chains and metal cables with it effortlessly.
- His crotch seems to be made of metal as well (and probably other parts of his body).
- Kills several contacts who tried to get the microfilm Stromberg wanted in The Spy Who Loved Me.
- Survives situations in which "normal" humans would be killed (see "Great Jaws Moments" below).
- Comes back in Moonraker.
- Turns against his master at the end of Moonraker.
- Doesn't talk until the end of Moonraker: he opens a bottle of champagne with his teeth, and says "Well, here's to us!" to Dolly. He then serves champaign and both clink glasses.
- One of the very few villains' henchmen who ends up helping Bond, and one of the very few to survive as well.
- Jaws' international names:
- Requin in French ("Shark")
- Beißer in German ("Biter")
- Tiburón in Spanish ("Shark")
Attempted methods of killing Bond:
How he is dispatched:
The Spy Who Loved Me:
- Biting him with his stainless steel teeth
- Causing an Egyptian temple stone to fall on him
- Hitting him with a wooden club
- Shooting him in a car chase
- Pushing him out of a plane without parachute
- Shooting him in a boat chase on the Amazon river
- And a general beating with anything he has in his hands, of course
How he is dispatched:
- Bond never kills Jaws but he does try to kill him, by throwing him out of a train, making him fall in a shark pool, smashing his cable-car into the cable-car station, running his car off the road into the house of a poor Sardinian farmer, and even a fall from the top of a waterfall on the Amazon river, and after all that Jaws just gets up, dusts off his jacket and walks away. They finally team up at the end of Moonraker.
- After helping Bond to ruin Drax's scheme, as the space station was being blown up, Jaws was jettisoned in an intact module of the station along with his girlfriend Dolly, and they safely landed on Earth.
- Killing anyone who gets the microfilm.
- Killing Bond.
- (Bond has one about him in Moonraker, to Holly Goodhead) "His name's Jaws. He kills people."
- (to Dolly in Moonraker) "Well, here's to us!"
Great Jaws moments:
The Spy Who Loved Me:
- His appearance during a night show for tourists at the Giza pyramids and the killing of Aziz Fekkesh.
- His attempt to kill Bond and Anya Amasova where he eventually ends up smashing a scaffolding with a club which causes an Egyptian temple to collapse on him.
- The brawl with Bond in a train. The fight ends when Bond throws him out of the train.
- The brawl with Bond aboard the Atlantis and the subsequent fight with a shark.
- Falling out of a plane onto a circus tent.
- Being rammed into a cable car station in Rio.
- Falling in love with Dolly.
- Falling from the top of Iguazu waterfalls.
- Turning against his employer and helping Bond escape the collapsing / exploding space station.
- Richard Kiel couldn't stand wearing the metal dentures as they were very painful to wear. He could only wear them for short periods of time.
- He appeared in several films as a villain including Clint Eastwood's western Pale Rider in 1985 as a henchman of Josh LaHood. Also had a cameo in the Inspector Gadget movie and in Happy Gilmoreas Happy's Boss.
- In contrast with the character, he was a very nice and gentle actor, and always attended fan conventions and signings.
Latest page update: made by DaltonCraigRules
, Sep 10 2015, 11:21 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by DaltonCraigRules
1 word added
6 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Anonymous||Jaws James Bond||0||Mar 24 2013, 11:35 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Mar 24 2013, 11:35 PM EDT Watch
Jaws will be in The spy who loved me and Moonraker
I don't think he is scary.
He can break Ropes and wood with his teeth.
His real name is Richard Kiel. My best bond film is Moonraker
1 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|goldengun891||Jaws||0||Mar 16 2013, 11:53 AM EDT by goldengun891|
Thread started: Mar 16 2013, 11:53 AM EDT Watch
Jaws was a very intimidating henchmen. Especially to be fighting in a fist fight. Jaws had people scared of him. He one of my favorite villains.
|Anonymous||I like him||0||Sep 29 2012, 7:10 PM EDT by Anonymous|
Thread started: Sep 29 2012, 7:10 PM EDT Watch
He's a classic and very unique enemy. He's plain super-human because of his strength and durability.
He became, well not-evil during Moonraker. He found a girl and listened when the main evil admitted that he would kill people like him and his girlfriend, eventually.
3 out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?
Showing 3 of 26 threads for this page - view all